Wednesday 2 November 2011

AS Media Studies Continuity Task


This is my groups continuity piece.
Before shooting this sequence my group had to draw out storyboards, so we had a brief idea what we was doing. This was easy as all we needed to do was to take shots of someone walking into a room, sitting down, with short dialogue. This needed to include three main shots such as, 180 degree rule, Match on Action and Shot Reverse Shot.
 It was a fun task playing a role in the film, but it was a long process as we had to keep re-shooting because we struggled on the match on action shot. I enjoyed playing a role as I like acting but it was a challenge not to laugh or make faces because our film was very serious. Also the filming went really smoothly as everything on the story board was right, from the dialogue to each shot we was going to do.
 In the future I would like to do some work on the cameras as it looked fun and I would like to improve my camera skills. After Shooting all the shots of the piece, we had to edit them on iMac's. It was a tricky process as it was hard to make the match on action shots perfect so the short film flowed and not make it jumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment